Thursday, March 8, 2007

Poetic, Ironic...Whatever!

Damn it, my new blog title is prophetic. It seems it's somehow poetic that although I wanted this site to just be something I occasionally add some pitiful poetry to (not attached to my name), because I didn't do a whole new account, my name and profile just "naturally" show up here.

Fabulous.

Anyhow--really fast...

I've dabbled with poetry for years. Had a journal of poems (as an adolescent) that seemed so dark (did I mention I was an adolescent?) that my mother suggested therapy, not realizing writing was my therapy.

My poetry goes from the absurd to the dark. I get stuck in rhymes (apologies) although I used to do a lot of free verse. I'm mainly using this blog as an occasional escape from my other writing. I've found poetry helps "break my block" and get those creative juices flowing. It's like playing with words for me.

Anyhow...
C'est moi!

2 comments:

writerwoman said...

Do you know about site meter?

If not, google it. It is a great way to see how many people visit your blog.

It took me about a year to find readers. Since then I have met many interesting writers and poets who I learn from and get support from. It is worth it to hang in there because when you hit a low spot with your writing other online writing friends can boost you up again.

Glad to know you,

Sara

Saoirse Redgrave said...

Never heard of it...Thanks for the tip, Sara!

I figure I'll keep writing for many years to come--It's just a matter of keeping up with it and not letting life interfere with "art."

Thanks again!
~Saoirse